The new Scan Body is designed to be used both in a clinical setting by means of an intra-oral scanner, and also in a laboratory setting through a desktop scanner.
It is made with two biocompatible materials:
The upper part is made of Peek, a polymer that favors reading and locating the implant position.
The lower part is made of Grade 5 Titanium which, given its opacity, it allows checking the correct placement and fit with the implant.
The third component is the screw, with is also made of Grade 5 Titanium. This component becomes “trapped” between both parts, preventing it from being able to fall out into the patient’s mouth during placement.
The new Scan Abutment will always be screwed directly to the connection.
It has a precision is of +/- 0.005 microns and allows the use of autoclave for cleaning and disinfection purposes.
Features of the new Scan Body:
1. It could be used both in a clinical setting (intra-oral) and in a laboratory setting (extra-oral).
2. Any option selected from our libraries could be used with the same Scan Body.
- · Direct to implant (straight prosthesis)
- · Direct to implant (angled prosthesis)
- · Indirect to implant via Interface (straight prosthesis)
- · Indirect to implant via Interface (angled prosthesis)
- · Overdenture
- · 3D Model (digital analog)
3. The titanium base assures the Scan Body durability regarding the geometry of the connection, without losing any fit or precision.
4. When working with interfaces (indirect library), work could begin without having to physically have the interface present (something not currently able to do).
5. The opacity of the Scan Abutment (base) allows verifying if it is properly fitted to the implant by means of x-rays.
We have adapted our non-engaging Scan Body to fulfill the requirements of the contact probe scanning system. As it is known as the most accurate means of scanning.
Compatible with Renishaw®